Friday, February 15, 2008

Countdown to the Big Move - I

Some Date, January'08: So, finally the day we've been long waiting for is here. Time has come to pack up our bags and leave. Or more appropriately, stuff up the car and drive away. Packing is not an easy task. Are the boxes from Life Sciences going to be enough? Sparing you the details, we finally have (between the two of us), 12 boxes and 2 gigantic suitcases. Thank god for USPS's extremely low shipping rates!!


OK, so the rest of the stuff has to go into the car, which is not much, just some clothes, some breakable items near and dear to us, some shoes, some camping gear, Dan's toolboxes, miscellaneous stuff, and this and that. Things just keep popping out of the wood work!!

So, we decide to pile up our stuff into two categories: stuff we take and stuff that's giveaway. Stuff we take goes on top of the coffee table, doesn't seem like a big pile does it? We'll see about that.



There's this new Japanese guy - Mr. Yo who joined my lab (or my ex-lab) recently. I rope him in to collect my stuff that he can use. Yo is a very nice guy and takes most of our stuff. The same day I am selling my futon and I get a buyer!! He is this Indian guy, who has just moved to LI, he shows up the same time as Mr. Yo. He is slightly confused, but anyways buys my futon.

We go out to dine out with Mr. Rhee and his wife (our Korean friends). Dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Rhee is very pleasant. We sure will miss them!


2 comments:

Pooja said...

Shiva, great to see the blog up and running! Look fwd to your updates. Have a safe and fun-filled trip.

Nandita M said...

Wow, can imagine the craziness you guys had to go through. Looking forward to more posts with your travel escapades